At KitoZyme, we provide a wide range of leading-edge functional biopolymers that are exclusively produced from renewable, non-GMO, vegetal (fungal) sources. These are designed to meet the needs of our valued customers in specific applications.
We are aiming to consolidate our position as a leading-edge solution provider in the following areas:
- Formulation and processing of biopolymers;
- Specialty ingredients development & industrialization;
- Discovery of new properties of materials;
- Green chemistry, biorefinery of vegetal biomass;
- Applications of biopolymers in the nutrition, cosmetics, beverages and medical-pharma markets;
- Consumer health products under medical devices regulations;
- Along the entire lifecycle - from new materials to new marketing approaches including new production processes
We focus our development and know-how with a view to delivering value creation:
- From viscous solutions to gels/hydrogels, foams, particles (nanoparticles, microparticles, porous beads, hydrogel beads), fibers, nanofibers, films, membranes, tablets, capsules, spinning, tableting, nano/microencapsulation, foaming, thermogelling, physical and chemical cross linking
- Biopolymer derivatization to improve physico-chemical properties: solubility, surface adhesion, surface tension, hydrophilic/hydrophobic balance, tension active properties, surface activity (biosurfactants).
- Chemistry: Substitution of functional groups on amine/hydroxyl groups: carboxymethylation, succinylation, quaternization, grafting onto biopolymers.
- Know-how in combination of biopolymers