- A fat-binding capacity up to 42% thanks to KiOnutrime-CsG®,
- An optimal and immediate action
- Safe and natural: 100% animal-free, GMO-free, allergen-free and gluten-free chitosan.
- Self-affirmed GRAS status.
- Positive opinion regarding the maintenance of LDL-cholesterol issued by the EFSA.
- Odourless & tasteless.
- Appropriate for use in Kosher, Halal and vegetarian products/diets.
- Efficacy proven by clinical studies and peer-reviewed articles.
The synergistic effect of abscorbic acid on the inhibition of fat digestion by chitosan involves:
- A better solubilisation of fungal chitosan in the stomach.
- A decrease of the non-animal chitosan gel viscosity which implies that mixing of chitosan with lipids is improved compared to chitosan alone, therefore increasing the oil-holding capacity of fungal chitosan.
- An increase in tensile strength of chitosan gel which leads to a more flexible chitosan-fat gel that is less likely to leak entrapped fats in the intestinal tract.
* In vitro tests following patent WO 02/082930
How does KiObind® work?
In acidic stomach conditions, KiObind® is protonated and able to bind to negatively charged molecules (fats, fatty acids and bile salts) through electrostatic interaction. Once at the duodenal pH, chitosan precipitation allows the excretion of the chitosan-lipid complex therefore reducing lipid absorption.