KitoZyme launches Slim-MedTM, a fat binder to be used in the treatment and prevention of overweight in order to prevent diseases related to excess of weight and body fats. Based on our unique ingredient KiOnutrime -CsG® and its fat-binding capacity, our product is a certified and CE-marked medical device class IIa.
The implication for KitoZyme is to respond to the current market for natural, innovative and efficient solution. Slim-MedTM goes in that direction.
Possible distributions for Slim-MedTM
- Under private label solution legislation (EU)
- Under Slim-MEDTM branded product (outside the EU)
The unique way in which it works
The active ingredient is our non-animal chitosan KiOnutrime-Cs®.
Thanks to its unique fat-binding capacity*, KiOnutrime-Cs® traps the fat in the stomach
It is protonated in the stomach. Arriving in the duodenum, the fatty acids found in the food bowl blend together. The amine functions (-NH3 +) of the chitosan positively charged, will bind by a phenomenon of electrostatic interaction to the negatively charged acid (COO-) of fatty acids and bile acids. As a result, a sort of gel is formed. This gel is then excreted naturally.
Want to know more about the ingredient? If so, simply click here
* Up to 800 times its own weight in fat – In vitro test
Slim-MEDTM is intended to*:
- Reduce excess of weight. Treatment of excess weight
- Weight control
- Lower fat intake from food
- Lower cholesterol intake from diet.
*Class IIa medical device
Supplemental to these claims, the active ingredient and the HPMC capsule are suitable for vegetarian, Halal & Kosher markets.
- HPMC Capsule (Size Oe/O)
- Aluminium blisters
- Aluminium foil
- Content: 3 blisters of 20 capsules
What is the recommended dosage and when should I take it?
Recommended intake quantity to support a weight reduction diet: For overweight subjects (Body Mass Index >26): 2-3 capsules twice a day
Recommended intake quantity to support weight control within the scope of a fat conscious diet: 1-2 capsules twice a day
How long can I take this product for?
Our medical device is intended to be used for 4 weeks.
What are the possible side-effects?
- A temporary feeling of satiety can take place after taking the product. This normally disappears after a short time.
- Overdosage or taking the product with insufficient quantities of liquid can lead to constipation.
- Persons with sensitive stomachs or bowels may occasionally experience disorders such as constipation, stomach aches, nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea. If the side effects continue, the dose should be reduced or intake should be discontinued.
Can anyone take the product?
- Do not use in case of allergy or intolerance to one of the compounds present in the formulation.
- Do not take the product if you have inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (e.g. acid reflux disease, gastritis, ventricular or duodenal ulcers, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis), signs of intestinal obstruction (impending or existing mechanical or paralytic ileus), gastroparesis in diabetics with neuropathy, intestinal polyps and existing severe digestive disorders (constipation).
- Do not use if underweight (Body Mass Index (BMI)<18.5).
- The product should not be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding in order not to jeopardise the supply of important nutrients to the embryo or baby.
- Not suitable for babies or infants.
- Children and adolescents should use it only after consulting a doctor.